AUAP acts as a platform for interaction and collaboration among its members and be the voice of universities in Asia and the Pacific. The following are the main objectives of AUAP:
1. To promote a culture of quality and innovation in higher education, research and services to the community;
2. To preserve and enhance the values and cultural diversity of Asia, the Pacific and other regions of the world towards better understanding and cooperation for socio-economic development and universal peace;
3. To engage with stakeholders of the higher education and other organizations to further the objectives of AUAP;
4. To cooperate, where appropriate, with other organizations whose objectives are similar to those of AUAP.
5. To promote universal peace and international understanding through education